Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Engagement

I really want this blog to record the wedding planning and all parts of Jesse and I starting our life together so I think that it is important for me to go back to February 14th and explain the engagement. So here it goes...

Jesse bought a house in November of 2007, a house which he wanted my opinion on everything, very strange because I wasn't moving in, but he was including me on everything. So over the next year we renovated each room of this house and on every decision he wanted it to be a joint decision. Well in the back of my mind this meant that he eventually wanted me there with him. On February 14th this happened!!! A couple of weeks before Valentine's Day, I asked Jesse if he wanted me to make reservations somewhere. He is a wonderful guy, however, making reservations is not one of his strong points. He told me that it was taken care of, and I was like yea sure that means he totally forgot but is just trying to cover it up. I let the converstaion go and two days before Valentine's I asked again, do you want me to try to get us a reservation, and again I got the response, it is already taken care of. So now I started to get a little suspicious and a million things started going through my mind.

So the day before Jesse told me that he had stuff to do on the morning and afternoon of Valentine's and that I needed to go home, which at this point I was living down the road with my parents, so I was a little upset that he wouldn't want to spend the day with me but I let it go and went home and hung out with my mom. We decided to go shopping and get some errands done and then Jesse called and told me he would pick me up around 5pm to take me to dinner. I got all dressed up and was so excited to see what was going on. I still had no idea because it just didn't seem like he had the time beforehand to get a ring and all of that. Little did I know but he had been going out at work everyday for lunch on the hunt for the perfect ring.

He came to get me and of course Chevy came to and I thought we were just dropping Chevy off at his house so that we could go out, however, when we got in the door I realized this was not the plan. There was dinner cooking, flowers everywhere, a table decorated and set for two. It was so cute I really thought it was all a dream. He made me crab cakes, salad, potatoes, and a NY cheesecake from scratch, what an amazing guy. So when we first got there I noticed a JUICY bag sitting on the table and this completely through me off. After seeing it I thought for awhile about what I had said that I wanted from that store and couldn't think of a thing. I figured he must have picked something out himself, so now I was completely sure nothing was going to happen. Well usually I get to open my presents first because Jesse has a hard time keeping anything a secret, but this time he said I had to wait till after dinner.

Ok, So dinner was over and he started doing the dishes and I was like, what the heck is going on? Then out of nowhere he was like, I have to go to the bathroom, and he ran upstairs. I was worried abotu him because he looked like he was going to be sick. He was up there for what seemed like forever and then I saw him coming down the stairs and he had a funny face. So the whole bathroom thing was completely phony, he was really upstairs getting the ring and preparing himself, haha, so cute. So then he came down and gave me my gift. So inside the JUICY bag was a juicy charm that looked like a envelope and on the inside of it, which I didn't even realize at first that it opened, was a little note that said I Love You! and then he said, flip it over and on the other side he had made a sticker that said "Will you Marry Me?". It was so perfect and then he got down on his knee and Chevy came over and put his head on Jesse's knee, and it was so perfect I didn't believe it was really happening. And then I said YES!!!!

So I'm going to attach a few pictures from that night, it was truely one of the best days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment